Depositphotos 10845010 s 2019

Migraines and tension headaches are painful and bring about other adverse reactions such as vomiting, nausea, and exhaustion. Nine out of 10 people in America suffer from headaches, and the natural inclination is to reach for a pill to make the pain go away, albeit temporarily. The headache can come back within the day or many days after. But what if you could get rid of your headaches with a natural and non-invasive solution?

How a Chiropractor Can Help Relieve Headaches

Research shows that treatment provided by doctors of chiropractic can be an effective treatment for migraines and headaches.

About 5% of headaches are caused by an underlying condition, while the rest of the 95% are primary headaches, such as migraines, cluster headaches, and tension headaches. For primary headaches, the problem is the headache itself and not because of a different health issue. In such cases, studies reveal that primary headaches are highly associated with muscle tension in the neck.

Chiropractors can help alleviate the pain with treatments such as spinal manipulation, which reduce misalignments in the spine and improve joint restrictions.

What Can a Chiropractor Do?

A chiropractor can perform spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustments to improve spinal function. Many Americans live more sedentary lifestyles because they work all day in front of a computer or spend hours every day on their phones and devices, where they end up sitting or lying down in one position for many hours. This can cause an increase in joint irritation and muscle tension in the neck, causing primary headaches.

A chiropractor can correct the neck joints and muscles' irritation to reduce the stress brought about by staying in one position for many hours. They can also offer advice on proper posture, ergonomics, and exercise techniques that you can do to relieve the stress on your neck muscles.

The benefits of having a chiropractor help you alleviate your headache include reduced pain and discomfort, reduces inflammation, relief from stress and tension disorders, and improve physical function and performance.

Why Choose a Chiropractor to Treat Your Headaches

First of all, the treatment provided by a chiropractor is natural and drug-free. They are safe and non-invasive, as well as non-addictive. Prescription medication or over-the-counter medication can be addictive, and they can cause specific side effects. Also, it's not good for your body to rely heavily on pain relievers as your body can develop a tolerance for these drugs, and you would need to take a higher dose the next time you take it.

A chiropractor can reduce misalignments in the spine to lower inflammation and improve the function of the affected joint that causes your headaches and strengthen your nervous system.

By improving your joint mobility, your nervous system functions, as well as your spinal health, you will have a better ability to manage pain caused by your headaches.

Doctors of chiropractic go through extensive training to help their patients in many ways beyond the usual back problems; They are adept at spinal tensions that cause other body problems, such as headaches. If you want a more non-invasive, safe, and effective way to relieve your headaches, then a visit to a doctor of chiropractic might do the job.